What made you want to start boxing?
- I’ve always admired the agility, coordination and heart of boxers.
- It’s an excellent cardio exercise.
- Boxing is convenient, you can practice anywhere with or without equipment. Your own body is the only thing you need for training.
Long combo Fridays have a special place in my heart. The first time I had this class I panicked. I didn’t show up for the next 4 Fridays, until Yo calmed me down and encouraged me to show up on the next one. I did and I don’t regret! Every Friday I learn to appreciate a new combo, I feel amazing and unbeatable when I complete it with no mistakes, and I do my best to help my partner feel the same way. For me Friday is all about self-challenge and partnership.
- Getting stronger.
- Having a better life balance – it used to be more sedentary.
- And to keep motivated to do everything else I want to.
Thanks to all Contenders staff, you are amazing! Special shout-out to Bernie and Tahir for the dedicated partnership, to Daniel and Martin for all the tips, and to Steve, Jack and John for being so supportive and making my mornings so enjoyable. 🙂